EMULATION TECHNOLOGY INTRODUCES NEW ELLIPTICAL FIN BGA HEATSINKS
Elliptical fin shaped design provides superior cooling performance
SANTA CLARA, Calif, January 12, 2005— Emulation Technology, Inc. (ET), today introduced their new Elliptical Fin BGA Chipset Heatsinks. The new heatsinks were created to ease the thermal challenges design engineers face when working with newer BGA and other SMT packaged chipsets incorporating increased chip speed and power requirements. The elliptical fin design is most efficient in lower airflow environments where multiple heatsinks are used in a series. Large fins and lower pressure drop characteristics ensure optimal cooling performance. The heatsink is easily attached to the chipset with its removable clip and requires no modifications or accessories. The elliptical fin BGA heatsinks come in 10 body sizes: 21mm, 23mm, 25mm, 27mm, 31mm, 35mm, 37.5mm, 40mm, 42.5mm, and 45mm. Each of the body sizes is available with thermal resistant characteristics of 100lfm, 200lfm, 300lfm, 500lfm, and 700lfm.
Features and Benefits
- Ideal for applications with swirling air environments or multiple heatsinks are used in a series (in a row)
- Low pressure drop characteristics provide superior cooling performance
- Attachment options include a plastic BGA clip for easy installation and removal, or Chometrics T710 interface pad
- No modifications or mounting accessories required
- Standard features include lightweight Aluminum 6063 with black anodized plating finish
Pricing and Availability
Pricing for the Elliptical Fin Heat Sinks start at $ 68.00 for a package of 5. Delivery is stock to 5 days.
ET is celebrating its 21st year of providing quality interconnect solutions
for design and development engineers. The company’s experience helping
engineers create quality products and reducing costs associated with design,
development, and time to market has made it the leader in this industry.
Emulation Technology has more than 50,000 customers and operations in 23
countries worldwide. The company is privately held and is headquartered at
2344 Walsh Avenue, Bldg. F, Santa Clara, Calif., 95051.
||FULL LINE CATALOG