EMULATION TECHNOLOGY ANNOUNCES NEW QUICK LOCK BGA SOCKETS
All new BGA Surface Mount & Compression Fit Test Sockets
SANTA CLARA, Calif, January 26, 2005— Emulation Technology, Inc. (ET), industry leader in BGA socketing solutions, today announced the introduction of their new BGA and mBGA Quick Lock Sockets. The new sockets' design incorporates a unique cover that allows easy, immediate access to the device and requires no tools to actuate or secure the lid. Design and test engineers needing quicker, easier access to a device during design or test will find the socket's design invaluable. The test sockets are offered in all grid sizes, pitches 0.50mm, 0.65mm, 0.75mm, 0.80mm, 1.00mm, 1.27mm, 1.50mm, and are available in Thru-Hole, Surface Mount and Solderless Compression mounting styles.
ET's new test sockets' design incorporates a socket cover, which permits users to insert and remove the device under test, yet require no tools to actuate or secure the lid to the socket base.
ET's new Quick Lock sockets are ideal for users working with ICs that do not require burn-in testing and who are looking to find ways to reduce testing costs.
- Surface mount Quick Lock sockets. The Quick Lock surface mount socket's design was created to aid high mechanical integrity when connected to the board using solder paste.
- Thru-hole Quick Lock sockets. This thru-hole socket leverages this standard mounting process to ensure excellent mechanical integrity. Simply match up the socket's pins with the PCB hole layout, insert them and hand soldering or wave soldering the socket base to the board.
- Solderless Compression Fit Quick Lock socket s. This style uses an assembly board attached to the socket body, which holds the socket's insert in place. This test socket requires no soldering, but does require the socket to be screwed to the PCB. Removing the socket simply requires unscrewing the socket frame from the PCB.
APPLYING THE COVER
Once the socket base is in place, the device being tested is placed in the device well. Then, the user simply pinches the levers with thumb and forefinger to open the clasps, places the cover over the socket base and releases the clasps on the cover once it is in place.
For users requiring higher pin count sockets (above 100 pins), the covers come with an integrated lever and which allows the user to apply the required pressure. After the Quick Lock cover has been attached to the socket base, the user pulls the small lever down, pressing the socket cover down onto the chip.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Easy, two-finger cover clasp actuation
- Provides for quick insertion and extraction of packages during the chip screening process
- Contact life and Retention System life of 10,000 cycles minimum
- Individual contact force of 40 grams maximum
PRICING AND AVAILABILITY
Pricing for the BGA Quick Lock Solderless Compression Socket starts at $846.00 each. Delivery is four weeks. These sockets are eligible for ET's ASAP Socket Delivery.
Founded in 1983, Emulation Technology is the industry leader in interconnects solutions. Emulation Technology has more than 50,000 customers and operations in 23 countries worldwide, selling directly through its extensive catalog, distributors and online store at , or by calling 1-800-ADAPTER (232-7837). The company is privately held and is headquartered at 2344 Walsh Avenue, Bldg. F, Santa Clara, Calif., 95051.
||FULL LINE CATALOG